We at Decisely Insurance Services (“Decisely”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) know you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously.
Last Updated 11/2/20
What Information does Decisely Collect?
Types of Personal Information Collected
We collect a variety of personal information from you and/or your employer through the use of our Services including the following:
- Personal Identifiers: Full name, username, social security number, physical address, date of birth, email address, and phone number.
- Protected Class Information: Age (40 years or older), citizenship, race, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status.
- Commercial Information: Direct Deposit information.
- Internet data: Cookies, browsing history, device ID, operating system, browser type, IP address, referring URL, and website interactions.
- Professional Information: Date of hire, salary, group benefit plan choices, carrier information, group number(s), employee classification, spouse and dependent names, work location, job title, premium amounts, provider codes, termination date, employee contribution of premium, effective dates of insurance coverage, reenrollment date, and security access level.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are identifiers we transfer to your browser or device that allow us to recognize your browser or device and tell us how and when pages and features in our Services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. We recommend you keep cookies activated. We have broken up our cookies into categories to help you understand what they do.
- Essential: These cookies are required to use our Services. For example, they are necessary to access Decisely resources and login to your account.
- Performance: These cookies track how you interact with our website. For example, these cookies let us know which pages on our websites load slowly or are not optimized for mobile use. We use this information to make improvements to our user experience.
- Functionality: These cookies track information about you to make using our website easier. For example, we may retain information such as your browser and language preferences.
- Marketing and Advertising: These cookies help us create targeted advertising experiences on our website.
Use of Your Personal Information
Decisely uses the collected data for various purposes, including but not limited to the following:
- To administer Services and provide customer service and support;
- To monitor, analyze, improve and develop our Services and to create and test new Service features;
- To provide a more customized user experience;
- To validate user information provided to us for fraud and risk detection purposes;
- To determine eligibility for the Services and our partners’ programs;
- To prevent, identify and address fraudulent or other illegal activity and security issues;
- To generate anonymized, aggregated data containing only de-identified, non-personal information that we may use to publish reports;
- For internal marketing purposes;
- To operate our business, which includes, without limitation, using your information (i) to process payment transactions, (ii) to manage and enforce contracts with you or with third parties, (iii) to manage our corporate governance, compliance and auditing practices, and (iv) for recruitment purposes, if you submit an application for employment with Decisely;
- For the uses permitted or required by an applicable business associate agreement (BAA);
- To comply with laws, rules and regulations; and
- For any other purpose for which you, your employer, or your employer’s accountant partner expressly authorize us to use your information.
We do not use your personal information for automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Decisely does not rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, we may share Personal Information with your employer, insurance carriers, benefits providers, E-Verify, WOTC and insurance brokers to enroll you in benefits and allow you to manage your benefits through our online system. We also employ other third party service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. For example, we use a third-party hosting services provider to host the Services and utilize a third-party chat software so that you can chat with benefits managers through the Services if you have any questions.
We may also share your information with third parties when necessary to comply with laws and regulations; respond to subpoenas and court orders; exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, potential threats to our property or the physical safety of any person, or violations of our usage instructions and applicable terms and conditions; facilitate the financing or insuring of our business or a disposition of all or part of our business or assets, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
In the event that protected heath information subject to HIPAA is disclosed to a third party, we will ensure that the third party agrees to abide by the same restrictions and conditions that apply to us under the applicable business associate agreement, including the implementation of reasonable and appropriate safeguards as required under the applicable BAA and HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
We may use your personal information to contact you regarding our products, services, promotions, newsletter, and other marketing activities in accordance with applicable law. You may opt out of receiving these promotional emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button located at the bottom of our marketing communications or emailing email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails relating to your use of our Services or our ongoing business relationship with you.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Some jurisdictions require us to disclose the legal basis on which we rely to process personal information. To the extent those laws apply, our legal basis may include one or all of the following:
- Consent: We may handle personal information based on consent provided by your or your employer on your behalf.
- Contractual Obligations: We may handle personal information to meet our contractual obligations with your or your employer.
- Legitimate Business Interest: We may handle personal information in order to provide you and your employer with the Services and accomplish our legitimate business purposes.
Retention of Personal Information
International Transfer of Personal Information
Security of Personal Information
We have implemented and maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information including:
- Maintaining appropriate clearance procedures and providing supervision to assure that our workforce follows appropriate security procedures;
- Properly training our staff to assure that it complies with our security and privacy policies;
- Properly encrypting sensitive personal information we transmit over the Internet;
- Properly storing, backing up, disposing of and reusing personal information;
- Properly authenticating and controlling access to personal information;
- Using appropriate security incident procedures and providing training to our staff to detect and analyze security incidents; and
- Maintaining a current contingency plan and emergency access plan in case of an emergency to assure that the personal information is available when needed.
Although we do our best to protect your personal data, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our websites and applications cannot be guaranteed. Please do your part in protecting your personal data against unauthorized use. Keep your user account password safe and confidential, and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer or device. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Decisely is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures incorporated in the Services.
By using our Services or otherwise providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our websites, products, and services. If we learn of a security breach involving your personal data, we may attempt to notify you electronically by sending an email to you. To withdraw your consent to receive electronic notice of a data breach, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third Party Sites
Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites and applications that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
Your Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of certain states or countries, you may have the right to:
- Obtain information regarding the collection, processing, and sharing of your personal information;
- Access the personal information we have obtained about you, if any;
- Correct your personal information;
- Delete your personal information;
- Request an electronic copy of your personal information;
- Object to the use of your personal information for certain purposes; and/or
- File a complaint against us with a supervisory authority.
To submit a privacy subject request, please complete contact us at email@example.com. Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and verification process. We will make commercially reasonable efforts to identify personal information that we collect, process, store, disclose, and otherwise use and to respond to your applicable privacy rights requests. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise these rights.
Our Services are not intended for the access and use by anyone under the age of 13. We may collect data you provide to us about your dependents (including your children) for the purposes of your enrollment and benefits management, but we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under age 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact us at the information below and we will try to resolve your concerns.
Decisely Insurance Services, LLC.
WeWork c/o Decisely Insurance Services
6655 Town Square, Suite 400
Alpharetta, GA 30005